4 large chopped sweet potatoes
1 chopped leek
1 whole shallot
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 large tbs of diced ginger
2 tablespoons white miso paste
3/4 cups of chicken bone broth
1 cup coconut yogurt
1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1/2 cup of chopped coriander
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tbs sesame seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped spring onion
In our casserole or saute pan place over medium-low heat, add 1 tbs of olive oil and sweat the onion, garlic and ginger until softened and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Add the rice wine vinegar and continue to cook for an additional minute.
3. Add in the sweet potatoes ands start to mash into the ingredients. Add the coconut yogurt, chicken broth, miso and mix to combine.
4. Once cooked through blend in a high speed blender or food processor. If using a blender, take extra care as it will be pipping hot. Adjust seasoning to taste.
5. In a separate skillet over a medium-high heat, add 1 tbs of olive oil. Once hot, add in the thinly sliced spring onion and cook until crispy and softened.
6. Ladle soup into a bowl. Top with a dollop of coconut cream, spring onions, sesame seeds, chopped coriander and chilli.