1 tsp coconut oil
1 can coconut milk, full fat
3 cups water
2 tbsp vegetable stock
1 yellow onion, diced
1/2 bunch spring onions, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large thumb of ginger, peeled and finely diced
¼ cup tamari
2 carrots, peeled and chopped into coins
10 mushrooms, sliced
2 cups of spinach leaves and beansprouts
1 stalk lemongrass, leave whole but use the back of your knife to crush several times helping to release the flavour
- Heat the coconut oil in a pot over a medium heat.
- Dice the spring onion, yellow onion and garlic then add to the pot.
- Add the lemongrass stalk, minced ginger and chopped carrots and cook until soft.
- Once fragrant add the water, coconut milk, tamari and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the spinach and beansprouts and any other desired vegetables and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes before serving.