Serves 2-4 people
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 chopped onion
500g organic grass-fed beef mince
1/2 cup of dry red wine
2 beef bouillon cubes or beef bone broth
800g of tomato passata
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
Organic Brown Rice Spaghetti
Parmesan cheese and basil
Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Turn the heat up to high and add beef and cook until browned.
- Add red wine and bring to a simmer then add remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until sauce is thick.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until “al dente”.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water then drain the pasta.
- Add olive oil to pasta then add the bolognese sauce with some of the reserved pasta water.
- Toss gently for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add fresh basil and parmesan and serve immediately!