Saffron Risotto with White Wine and Parmesan
A beautiful recipe for when you’re entertaining, cooked in the Ondine Platine Saute Pan.
1 litre chicken stock or bone broth
1 tsp saffron
2 diced shallots
2 cups of risotto rice
1 cup of white wine
large knob of butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat your stock in a saucepan over a very low heat (just to keep warm), then add
2. Melt 50g of butter and one tbsp of oil in the Saute Pan over a low to medium
3. Add the chopped shallots and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring until
4. Add the risotto rice and keep stirring for around a minute, then turn up the heat
and add the wine (it will bubble up!). Keep stirring until it is absorbed.
5. Start adding in your stock, allowing each ladleful to absorb as you stir before
adding the next. Stir and ladle the stock into the rice until it is almost cooked
through. This should take around 15-20 minutes, by which time you should have
finished all your stock. However, if you find the rice is cooked to the texture you
like before the stock has run out, don’t feel the need to use all the liquid.
6. Take the pan off the heat, and stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter and the
grated parmesan, then season to taste.