Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Hearty and simple, perfect for the Ondine Platine Medium Saucepan.
“Artichokes are a versatile ingredient and have many health benefits. They are
associated with bolstering the immune system, lowering cholesterol, and protecting
against diseases such as diabetes, heart attacks, and strokes. Artichokes have also long
been regarded as detoxifying for the body: improving the health of the liver, and aiding in
many digestive issues".
Half an onion diced
4 diced carrots
3 diced celery sticks
2 diced large leeks
2 pounds of artichokes
Salt & pepper
1. Stir half a table spoon of olive oil and your diced vegetables over a medium heat
for about 10 minutes.
2. Once the vegetables have softened, add the artichokes.
3. Stir for another 5 minutes before adding stock or bone broth – then simmer for
around 45 minutes.
4. Once the vegetables are soft you can blitz in a food processor until the soup is
lovely and smooth.
5. Add more stock if the soup is too thick until you get your desired consistency.