Classic Roast Leg of Lamb
The centrepoint of a hearty roast dinner, cooked in the Ondine Platine Oval Roasting
1 large organic leg of lamb
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
Bunch of rosemary
Salt & pepper
1. Heat the oven to 200°c
2. Massage olive oil into the lamb and season with salt and pepper.
3. With a knife, make small holes in the lamb and place the garlic inside.
4. Place half of the rosemary at the bottom of the pan, put the shoulder on top and
place the remaining half of the herbs on top of the lamb.
5. Roast the shoulder in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
6. Turn the oven down to 150°c and continue to roast for a minimum of 2 hours. (I
usually leave it for around 3 and a half hours).
7. Cover with foil if needed to avoid over-cooking the top.